I have always been interested with anything to do with Egypt, and thought that all Cleopatra would be quite a amazing topic to examine. I was considering learning even more about her life and thought it will be a good topic to gain a much better understanding of her. I thought the mystery of her death would be a fascinating addition to this kind of assignment. To get this done I wanted to consider the details of Cleopatra's lifestyle and what events led up to her death. The three main hypotheses of Cleopatra's death can be suicide simply by snake attack, suicide by simply poison, plus the possibility that she was murdered. I actually analysed these details, along with the information I had gathered about the setting of her life and came to the conclusion that she possibly committed suicide by toxin, or the lady was murdered. The information is too strong and believable to get the toxic suicide, nevertheless I personally believe that it is more believable that the girl was murdered, as persons would have more to gain using this, rather than Hatshepsut ending her own lifestyle over a broken heart.
Who was Hatshepsut, and how did she pass away?
Queen Hatshepsut of Egypt is the most well known of all the historic Egyptian a queen. She was developed in Alexandria, Egypt in 69 B. C. during the reign of Ptolemy. Cleopatra was not Silk, but rather Macedonian, descended through a general of Alexander the truly amazing. In 51 B. C. when Cleopatra was 18 years of age, her father, Ptolemy Auletes, leader of Egypt, died, departing his kingdom and his is going to to Hatshepsut, for her to become Egypt's fresh queen. Tiny did they will know she'd be the very last, after her mysterious death in 31 B. C.
Cleopatra's cause of fatality has provided many theories that have been contemplated for many years and continue to be today. The events of Cleopatra's your life have affected these hypotheses including her very unique relationship with Marc Antony, which is to end up being believed the core determination for two of the main ideas. Suicide by simply snake nip is the initially theory for the...
* Told me on how the snake mouthful theory could possibly be proven wrong and good information on the poison theory.
2. This site acquired good pictures with a recreated image of the вЂdeath scene'. This offered some good information concerning the background with Antony and Octavia, and also some details about the leather bite theory.
5. This provided some good background information on Hatshepsut, as well as some good information on the setting of Cleopatra's family.
2. This got some good information on Cleopatra's romance with Julius Caesar, and their first appointment, but would not help my own investigation very much. I was disappointed to find it did not include much info into the distinct death hypotheses.
MacDonald, F. (2003) Cleopatra: Queen of the Kings. Dorling Kindersley Ltd. The uk.
5. I found this book to have a few quite good information about the 3 different loss of life theories, I believe this was a great help overall. It was set out nicely, aesthetically as well.